#026 – June 7th, 2022
#019 – August 5th, 2021
- Japan’s Evolving Security Environment in the Taiwan Strait
- Vietnam Locks Down Amidst Soaring Number of COVID-19 Cases
- MK Stalin’s “Dream Team” to Direct Tamilnadu CM for Inclusive Growth
- US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin Reaffirms America’s Commitment in Southeast Asia Strategic Triangle
#013 – May 4th, 2021
- Grey Zone Tactics in the South China Sea
- Climate Change
- The EU’s Indo-Pacific Strategy.
#012 – April 18th, 2021
- The New “Four Pillars” and the Desire for National Prosperity
- The Iran Deal and Is It Salvageable?
- Russia & Ukraine Border Tensions – Towards New War?
#011 – April 13th, 2021
- Will Taiwan Change the Way it Defends its ADIZ ?
- The View from Taiwan, Intel’s Expansion into the Semiconductor Industry
- Disregarded Global Climate Crisis and the QUAD
#010 – March 31st, 2021
- US-China High Level Talks in Alaska Paint Contrasting Worldviews with a Caveat
- The Quad Under the Shadow of China’s Power
#009 – March 22nd, 2021
- The Quad is Back with a Vision to Navigate Indo-Pacific Affairs
- US-China High-Level Meeting in Anchorage, Alaska
- Troubles in the Eastern Mediterranean – A Look Into Western Asia’s Maritime Woes
#008 – March 12th, 2021
- Japanese Prime Minister to visit White House as early as April in first official trip abroad
- Constructive engagements, the ASEAN dilemma, and democratic backsliding within the region
- The Biden Administration’s Interim National Security Strategic Guidance
#003 – January 25th, 2021
- How China’s Economy is still growing , even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In America, Joe Biden is Sworn In. What Next?
TCSS Security Commentaries –
Note from the Director
We are pleased to announce the launch of our email newsletter series: “TCSS Security Commentaries“, as we kickstart the new year. With this new project, we hope to provide our readers with timely updates on the events and initiatives at our center, as well as produce quality analysis into the geopolitical dynamics of our time. We thank you for your support and will continue to keep you updated on the developments in the region and abroad as we move forward collectively, as stakeholders in this modern era.
The TCSS Security Commentaries —the newsletter of the Taiwan Center for Security Studies—provides updates and analyses from not only the Asia-Pacific region but also from select parts of the world on a weekly basis. Our team is committed to providing both factual and up-to-date information on a consistent basis to keep our audience informed.
We at TCSS also make it our duty to follow the standards of journalism, uphold the virtues of producing unbiased content as well as maintaining a policy of transparency. Since our inception, we have held conferences, events, and webinars as well as workshops to promote our vision for a more peaceful and secure Asia-Pacific region.
From years of publications and consistent research output, experts and visiting scholars at TCSS have contributed to the development of a reliable and consistent dialogue platform to further propel a cross-strait peace framework. Through our partnerships and collaborations with friends from all over the world, we have created a strong presence in the field of security studies and cross-strait relations. Looking ahead, we will strive to continue promoting international dialogue and the exchange of ideas across the board.
Dr. Fu-Kuo Liu
Taiwan Center for Security Studies